Rand McNally devices are one of the most sophisticated GPS navigation gadgets available for users. However, at times these ingenious devices give way to technical glitches hindering its performance and functionality. “Rand McNally Application Error” is one such frustrating trouble faced by users.
At times, your device fails to initialize properly or is simply “frozen”. Additionally, it displays the Rand McNally “Application Error” message. This issue can appear due to multiple reasons. But, primarily, it happens due to conflicting software, faulty RAM problems, corrupted files, incorrect setup, network issues etc.
Troubleshoot Rand McNally Application Error
Rand McNally Application Error requires immediate attention to safeguard your device from irreparable damage. As such, users must never ignore this issue and seek professional support if required. However, most of the times, below-given procedures prove extremely effective in resolving the problem.
Reboot Your Rand McNally GPS Device
- First of all, ensure that your automobile using the device has been turned off for at least 10 seconds.
- Now, click on the “Key” icon to “Log off” from your device.
- Next, you should wait until it brings you back to the “login” box.
- Then, press and hold the red “Power” button on the “login” box until the device powers down.
- Thereafter, simultaneously hold the “Home” button on the front (lower right-hand side) and press the “Power” button at the top right-hand side. Here, you should hold the “Home” button until the unit turns on completely.
- Thereafter, “log in” to your device.
Run “Diagnostics & Repair” Tool
In case if the above method fails, then follow the given steps to restore your device. The “Diagnostics & Repair” tool comes as a supporting tool with the Rand McNally Dock.
- First of all, connect your GPS device with your computer through a USB cable. Here, you must ensure to connect it to the computer with the “Dock” application. Besides, it must be connected to the internet. Then, turn on your GPS unit.
- Now, launch Rand McNally Dock on your system.
- Next, you should click on “Settings and Maintenance”.
- Then, select “Diagnostic & Repair” from the “Maintenance” section.
- Thereafter, click on the “Begin Diagnostic” button.
- As a result, it will scan the device and detect any corrupted file.
- After that, it will prompt you to repair the corrupted files in case of an issue. Hence, click the “Repair” button.
- The repair process will take some time. You can keep track of the same from the “progress bar” on your screen.
- Once the repairs are finished, unplug your device.
- Then, reboot your device. As a result, it should resolve the “Rand McNally Application Error” on your device.